What’s changing for 2024:
- The 2024 ELCA-Primary health contribution baseline rate is increasing 2.5%, which is lower than the 3% rate increase last year, making it the lowest in ten years. The 2.5% contribution increase also applies to organizations that provide the ELCA Medicare-Primary Standard benefit option to sponsored members age 65+. In addition to the baseline increase, contribution rates may also increase approximately 2-3% annually due to your age and adjust when your compensation or health coverage level changes (that is, if you choose to enroll your spouse and/or children). Overall, our efforts to sustain stable pricing create positive outcomes for our community when compared to the 7% increase in 2024 medical costs projected by PricewaterhouseCooper’s Health Research Institute for both group and individual markets.1
- To maintain the ELCA-approved level of cost sharing between employers and members, if you have the ELCA-Primary Gold+ option, deductibles will increase to $1,700 for member only, $2,550 for member and children, and $3,400 for member and spouse or member, spouse, and children. Coinsurance, out-of-pocket limits, and prescription drug cost-share will not change.
- Disability and survivor contribution rates are decreasing by a total of 0.7% of defined compensation for employers. The ELCA Disability Benefits Plan rate is decreasing from 0.9% to 0.6% of defined compensation and the ELCA Survivor Benefits Plan rate is decreasing from 0.8% to 0.4% of defined compensation. Employers are currently paying 1.7% of defined compensation for these two benefits; next year they will pay 1%.
With 2024 Annual Enrollment beginning soon, a few reminders:
- Sponsoring employers can estimate their 2024 costs using their Custom Comparison Report on EmployerLink starting in late August.
- The ELCA recommends two ELCA-Primary health benefit options: Gold+, or Silver+ with a monthly employer contribution to the member’s health savings account (HSA). If your employer offers Silver+, you’ll have the choice to stay with Silver+ or choose the Gold+ option.
- You will receive more information about 2024 Annual Enrollment and your specific benefits in the next few months.
Questions? Contact the Portico Customer Care Center